Our easy to use hydroponics grow light cost calculator will give you an idea of the cost behind running your grow lighting. Electricity costs are one of the major downsides to many hydroponic growing techniques so being aware of the general cost of your grow lighting is important.
Our calculator is easy to use and involves 4 simple steps:
- Start by inserting the cost of power in your area per / Kwh, which can usually can be found on your power bill.
- Then you input the total number of hours per day you operate your grow lighting.
- Next you input the total combined wattage of your grow lighting rigs/ballasts/etc.
- Click the calculate costs button and the calculator will display the general daily, weekly, and yearly cost of your grow lighting!
Many things can be done to reduce the overall cost of your grow lighting including:
- Swapping out traditional bulbs with Compact Florescent Lighting (CFL) or Light Emitting Diodes (LED). These options require much less power to operate.
- Upgrading to modern lighting ballasts and rigs
- Reduce the hours per day you operate your grow lighting
Don’t forget, your grow lighting usually isn’t the only part of your grow setup that consumes electricity. Many modern hydroponic systems and techniques require additional components that require electricity such as air and water pumps. Keep an eye out for our up and coming grow setup cost calculator that will calculate these costs as well!