Hydroponics growers should always be aware of their fertilizer injector ratio to properly prepare fertilizer nutrient solutions. Growers should calibrate their injectors monthly during grow season. Be aware that ratios vary overtime based on the current level of wear. Therefore, Injectors should be checked regularly to determine the current ratio.
Use the following 6 step process along with our calculator to determine your fertilizer injector ratio:
- Gather a collection container ( 5 gallons or more ) to collect the solution that is metered through the injector.
- Gather measuring cup calibrated in fluid ounces to measure the amount of fertilizer used.
- Fill the measuring cup with water and place the drip tube from the fertilizer injector into the cup.
- Collect the dilute solution in the larger collection container from step 1. Adjust the flow rate to match the rate which you plan on using to irrigate your plants.
- After you’ve collected 5 gallons or more, enter the amounts of water you collected in the first field of the calculator.
- Then enter the amount of water that was used from the measuring cup with the drip tube into the second field of the calculator.
- Click the “Calculate Injector Ratio” button and your fertilizer injector ratio will be calculated and displayed in red.